Well, I'm just not blogging as much as I used to, but I'm happy that I am posting at least once or twice a week. Here we go for this week's "thoughts" post:
- I've viewed the Saratoga Lip Dub video twice now, and it put me in a great mood both times I saw it. I realize it wasn't necessarily an original idea, and I don't have an opinion on the money the Chamber spent on it, nor do I have any thoughts on whether it will bring any visitors here to the Spa City, but it was fun anyway. Hell, anything that gets Mayor Scott Johnson to loosen up a bit (which can be seen about 45 seconds into the video) can't be all bad, right?
- So did we find out yet whether The Boss' kid is going to Skidmore???
- Man, did the You Idiot blog sure kiss some serious Riggi butt last week. He made some good and valid points, but YMCA donations and free cider can't totally wipe out memories of the whole 23 Greenfield travesty. I agree the Riggis deserve some credit in this community, but for a little bit of balance in opinions, I will link here a post from the now dormant, but still accessible, I-Saratoga blog, which had a less than complimentary view of the Riggis a few years back.
- I hate to see any Saratoga business close, and the Zola Kids closing is no exception. I am truly concerned for Saratoga businesses this winter, and will do my best to do as much of my Christmas shopping downtown as I can.
- I'll also try to support Saratoga Springs as much as my budget and health and fitness concerns allow by dining in our city's many great restaurants when I can. I have yet to get to Maestro's since their move earlier this year, except for a recent fundraiser at the bar. Their large and beautiful porch is still going strong, with the addition of several heat sources, so perhaps my wife and I can get there for some late autumn alfresco dining.
- Finally, I will link a Times Union Places and Spaces blog entry about a beautiful old home for sale on North Broadway. It was an interesting read, especially some of the comments. Have a great week.