OK I haven't done one of these in a couple of weeks so here we go:
- I see the Harness track will open back up on April 11th. That is doubly good news - the fact that the equine disease strangles is apparently contained means the Oklahoma Track can open on time the weekend of April 14-15.
- Hey the Megabus is here! Great prices, useless schedule. It leaves Saratoga at 7pm and arrives in NYC at 10:30, and leaves NYC at 8:30am and arrives in the Spa City at noon. Huh? The Saratogian has an article here.
- It looks like the prep work is beginning (in other words an ugly fence has gone up) on the building that is going up next to the Bread Basket on Spring Street.
- Speaking of The Bread Basket, I am trying to eat healthy but yesterday I had a bear claw from there. Geez that was freakin' delicious. Gigantic too. I guess that's why they call them "bear" claws and not....squirrel paws.
- Restaurant updates: PJ Davis advises me he is hoping to open the new PJ's Barbecue (new name: "PJ's Bar-B-QSA") in early May. Elizabeth's Table should be opening up soon. I assume Russo's is getting close as well. We're at least a month out from David Zecchini's new Broadway Spanish tapas restaurant Boca Bistro. The new Arby's that is going into the old Grey Gelding location should be finished by late June.
- I love our library but I hate hate hate the new tables on the second floor. The old ones were roomy, sturdy, and comfortable, but these little replacements look like they are for third graders.
- I was kidding above on the Arby's in the Grey Gelding.
- I saw on Tom Dimopoulos' Facebook page that his position was eliminated from the Post-Star. In other words he was let go. That sucks - first of all because he is a great reporter and a class act, and second of all does that mean the Post Star is giving up on Saratoga news? Perhaps - the Saratoga Snippets blog hasn't been updated in a month - and that was an entry by Dimopoulos.
- Click here to find out about the Nacre Spring dance performance at Universal Preservation Hall
- Man that addition on the Wilton YMCA is huge - it appears to be about the size of the original building.
- I had a note to write something about SPAC, but I don't remember what it was. If anyone has any SPAC news or thoughts, feel free to comment and help a blogger out.
- If you need to make last minute Easter plans - Maestro's, The Wishing Well, and Capriccio Saratoga are a few of the restaurants that will be open - but there are several others as well.
OK that's about it folks. Have a great Easter!